October 3rd, 2012 by Amanda
It’s humbling and interesting when my pupils share their experiences of learning the Alexander Technique with me.
What pupils say :
- “I’m finding it so useful knowing where my sitting bones and hip joints are.”
- “I feel much more balanced when I stand and think about the tripod ” (big toe pad, little toe pad and heel pad).
- “I used to bend at the waist and now I can hinge from my hip joints”
- “I notice when I start slumping at the computer and I can decide not to”
- “I’ve started looking out and up when I’m walking instead of down at the ground”
- “When I start getting tense I stop for a few minutes”
- “My lower back is alot less painful”
- “My breathing feels easier”
- “My husband has noticed that I’m not falling in to the chair anymore”
- “I can look up without scrunching my neck”
- “I feel alot lighter on my feet since having lessons”
- “Lying down is really helpful after I’ve been for a long walk”
- “Having more awareness is helping when I’m practising my instrument”
This is just some of the great, positive feedback I get which enhances my already existing enjoyment of teaching this practical and profound technique.
A big thank you to my pupils.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.